Veterinarians Speaking Only: Module 1
This course aims to help you successfully prepare for the speaking section of the Occupational English Test.
- Includes 3 online lessons using skype providing you with the opportunity to practise a variety of common scenarios and in the process gradually improve your speaking skills and test taking strategies. After each completed role-play you will receive detailed advice on your performance, with a focus on the following areas:
- Overall Communication Skills
- Grammar and Sentence Structure
- Pronunciation and fluency
- Appropriateness of Language
- Each lesson is 45 minutes long and 2~3 tasks will be covered.
- Access to the Oral Communication Clinic which includes model roleplays with audio files and transcripts, as well as communication strategies outlining how to approach the vet-patient consultation including techniques for
- asking questions
- explaining medical conditions
- patient education
- Worksheets with detailed language functions including explaining, reassuring, persuading, advising, breaking bad news dealing with difficult patients and so on.
- Click here for more details
- Student Forum
- A place where you can find study partners from all over the world with the same goal as you.
- Course Dates and Duration
- You may start the course at any time
- You will have access to all the resources for a period of 2 months after your initial enrolment date.
- Lesson times are by negotiation with your teacher
- You will require skype installed on your computer or mobile phone to access speaking lessons. To find out how to download skype click here.
- The methods used have helped many medical professionals achieve successful results. Click here to view our testimonials.
Cost: AUD 165.00