All Skills Preparation Course for Dentists: Error Correction Option
This course will provide you with essential skills and test taking strategies required to successfully prepare for the Occupational English Test.
- Essential writing strategies specific to your profession outlining how to write a medical referral letter including introductions, body paragraphs and conclusions.
- 10 original writing Tasks with case notes created in partnership with Australian Medical Professionals, of which 5 can be submitted for correction. The tasks have a similar degree of complexity and difficulty as those in the exam to ensure students are fully prepared. Click here for an example.
- Model Letters to guide you on appropriate language, expression, letter structure and format. Click here for an example.
- Access to the Grammar & Vocabulary Clinic, which provides all the necessary grammar, vocabulary, knowledge & tips required to raise your writing to B or A grade. This is a unique resource which continuously being updated and currently contains over 30 worksheets. Click here for an example.
- Procedure for Writing
- Once you have enrolled, study the writing strategies, grammar worksheets, sample tasks and model letters. Then begin with the first of the 5 tasks provided for submission to your teacher. Simply write a referral letter based on the case notes and task question, submit your completed letter via the website and you will receive detailed feedback within 48 hours identifying the strengths and weaknesses of your letter, including grammar and vocabulary errors, based on the criteria used by OET. By repeating this process for each of the 5 tasks, combined with regular study & review, your writing will improve in a step by step process so that after completing the 5 tasks you will be ready for the exam.Click here for an example.
- Access to the Oral Communication Clinic which includes a wide variety of roleplay scenarios, model roleplays with audio files and transcripts, as well as communication strategies outlining how to approach the dentist-patient consultation including techniques for
- asking questions
- explaining dental conditions
- patient education
- Worksheets with detailed language functions including explaining, reassuring, persuading, advising, breaking bad news dealing with difficult patients and so on
- Please note, the course does not include practice with a tutor.
- Includes detailed strategy worksheets for both Part A & Part B explaining how to prepare and approach the reading test.
- 3 original and up-to-date Part A Summary Gap Fill Tasks with Answer Keys and detailed explanations.
- 3 original and up-to-datePart B Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) Tasks with Answer Keys and detailed explanations.
- Includes detailed strategy worksheets for both Part A & Part B explaining how to prepare and approach the listening test.
- Strategies for developing note-taking skills, plus useful links to website containing audio files on medical topics.
- 3 original and up-to-datePart A medical consultation tasks with answer keys and transcripts.
- 3 original and up-to-datePart B lecture style tasks with answer keys and transcripts.
- Student Forum
- A place where you can find study partners from all over the world with the same goal as you.
- Course Dates and Duration
- You may start the course at any time and with online study, you can study at your own pace and at a time and place that suits you.
- You will have access to all the resources and the error correction service for a period of 2 months after your initial enrolment date.
- The methods used have helped many medical professionals achieve successful results. Click here to view our testimonials.
Cost: AUD 250.00