Nurses: Writing Module 3
This course provides personalised feedback and error correction on your writing so that you can improve your writing skills and test taking strategies in order to successfully prepare for the writing section of the Occupational English Test.
- Essential writing strategies specific to your profession outlining how to write a medical referral letter including introductions, body paragraphs and conclusions.
- Example Writing Tasks with case notes created in partnership with Australian Medical Professionals, including 3 whichcan be submitted for correction. The tasks have a similar degree of complexity and difficulty as those in the exam to ensure students are fully prepared.Click here for an example.
- Model Letters to guide you on appropriate language, expression, letter structure and format.Click here for an example.
- Access to the Grammar & Vocabulary Clinic, which provides all the necessary grammar, vocabulary, knowledge & tips required to raise your writing to B or A grade. This is a unique resource which continuously being updated and currently contains over 30 worksheets. Click here for an example.
- Procedure for Writing
- Once you have enrolled, study the writing strategies, grammar worksheets, sample tasks and model letters. Then begin with the first of the 3 tasks provided for submission to your teacher. Simply write a referral letter based on the case notes and task question, submit your completed letter via the website and you will receive detailed feedback within 48 hours identifying the strengths and weaknesses of your letter, including grammar and vocabulary errors, based on the criteria used by OET. By repeating this process for each of the 3 tasks, combined with regular study & review, your writing will improve in a step by step process so that after completing the 3 tasks you will be ready for the exam.Click here for an example.
- Course Dates and Duration
- You may start the course at any time
- You will have access to all the resources for a period of 2 months after your initial enrolment date.
- Writing Module 2 should be completed before enroling in this course
- The methods used have helped many medical professionals achieve successful results. Click here to view our testimonials.
Cost: AUD 110.00