OET Online does offer a speaking course online and it is done using skype. The course will provide you with the opportunity to practise a variety of common scenarios and in the process gradually improve your speaking skills and test taking strategies.Each lesson is 45 minutes long and 2~3 tasks will be covered. Included in the course are detailed worksheets explaining how to approach the role play including:
- Medical Interview Framework
- Roleplay Structure
- Techniques for asking questions
- Explaining medical conditions clearly
- Access to up to 30 role-play tasks
After each completed roleplay you will receive detailed advice on your performance, with a focus on the following areas:
- Overall communicative effectiveness
- Pronunciation & clarity of speech
- Appropriateness of language
All role-plays are recorded allowing detailed analysis of your speech and performance. You can also record your lessons and review and learn from your mistakes overtime. The focus on the lesson depends on your needs, but in a standard lesson the focus will be on developing skills required for doing a medical interview such as:
- Starting the role-play interview including Introductions, developing rapport, identifying reason for visit
- Gathering information from a patient including questioning techniques
- Responding to a patient's concerns
- Explanations including giving information in a clear organised manner
- Communication skills and expressions in the important areas of : expressing concern, reassuring, making suggestions,persuading, justifying & breaking bad news
- Closing the role-play interview including future planning and summarising
Homework and targeted practice on you weak areas will also be included in the course, depending on your needs.
Note: You will require skype installed on your computer or mobile phone to access speaking lessons. To find out how to download skype click here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to arrange a schedule.